Thursday, June 27, 2013

Yah! It's Summertime! Summertime, Summertime, Sum, Sum, Summertime...

Yah! It's Summertime!  Summertime, Summertime,
 Sum, Sum, Summertime...

Summertime, summertime,
Sum, sum, summertime.

Well we'll go swimmin every day
No time to work just time to play
If your folks complain just say,
It's summertime.
*The Jamies, Lyrics 
 This was American Bandstand at its peak.  All the "famous" regulars were on camera...Bob, Justine, I think Fran...what a trip! :)
Shhhh. Secret..I was in a spotlight dance on Bandstand in 1964..Dick Clark was awesome.  I can remember it all like it was just yesterday.  We took a train from Trenton, NJ to Philly..Bill Markulic and I were picked..I was wearing a white pleated skirt and an orange "shell" as we used to call them..probably white flats..It is one of my fondest memories, ever. :)  ...but I forget what song it was. darn it. 


Featured Shops: Click on any photo for a direct link back to Etsy.com  and all the shops. 

Yah! It's Summertime!



Curator


curator


Summertime, summertime,
Sum, sum, summertime.

Well we'll go swimmin every day
No time to work just time to play
If your folks complain just say,
It's summertime.
*The Jamies, Lyrics

2 comments: