Friday, January 13, 2012

"I HAVE A DREAM' MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. ,My Humble Tribute to this Great Man

I can see myself standing on corner in New Brunswick, New Jersey, waiting for a bus to take me to the high school where I was student teaching.  Someone at the bus stop knew that a very important man had been taken from us by an assassin  Chills ran through my body as I tried to move on with the duties of my day.  From that moment forward, America was not the same.

As we honor Martin Luther King, Jr. on the holiday we celebrate this Monday, let us never forget all that he did for our nation.  This blog and my Etsy treasury are merely a  humble tribute to him and all that he accomplished in his short life.

Let freedom ring!  Patti







"I Have A Dream" MLK

Featured Shops:

My Etsy TAGT TEAM IS FEATURING 4 SHOPS TODAY, THEY ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH A LARGER PHOTO AS WELL AS THE FIRST AND LAST ITEM IN MY TREASURY.

Let us all have a dream...Patti xo

Click on any photo for a direct link to Etsy.com



Curator


curator

"I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation....

Free at last! Free at last!


Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" Martin Luther









2 comments:

  1. I'm proud to be of this generation where we saw so much change in equality and human rights.
    I was still in elemantery school when this shooting occurred. My father drove our family to see the hotel where the shooting occurred. I'm not sure why he did that, but it made clear in my mind how important Dr. Martin Luther King had been.
    This is a special tribute and beautiful in so many ways.

    Robin
    (jarmfarm)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am VERY PROUD of my mom's tribute to MLK on this weekend of rememberence of the great changes Martin Luther King engendered nearly fifty years ago! Let freedom ring!

    ReplyDelete